CALL FOR PAPERS
Special Issue on Latina Media Histories
Guest Editors: Mary Beltrán and Mirasol Enríquez
We invite proposals for a special issue on Latina Media Histories. In the spirit of Emma Pérez’s call to decolonize history by shining a light on Latina contributions, this issue of Feminist Media Histories considers how Latinas have contributed to and intervened in film and media histories in a range of contexts and time periods.
We invite submissions related to Latinas and any of the following topics:
• Latina filmmakers and media makers • Interventions in radio or television broadcasting
• Social media, web series, podcasts, and other streaming media
• Mediated storytelling or story worlds
• Media histories focused on links with theater and other arts
• Lesbian, bisexual, queer, or trans production or reception histories
• Indigenous and Afro-Latina histories
• Children’s, tween or teen media • Issues of language, culture, or citizenship
• Local, regional, national, or transnational film and media production
• Media production cultures
• Media activism and interventions
• Latina celebrity culture
We are also interested in oral history interviews, photo essays, and reprints of notable original documents.
Interested contributors should contact guest editors Mary Beltrán and Mirasol Enríquez directly, sending a 300-word proposal and a short bio no later than August 1, 2020 to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contributors will be notified by September 1, 2020; article drafts will be due by December 15, 2020 and will then be sent out for anonymous peer review.